Our aerospace logistics team has developed a range of logistics solutions for a diverse range of aerospace customers across key market segments. These include airlines, vendors, aircraft manufacturers and engine OEMs.
Spain is one of the leading aerospace countries that produce aircraft, helicopters and components. Localised in two aerospace clusters – one in Andalusia and other in the Basque Country – Spain serves customers from many countries. We offer ad-hoc services adjusted to our customer's requirements to ensure that the production line never stops.
Our services are delivered across our global network, which includes more than 65 gateways served by more than 3000 dedicated aerospace staff applying proven, best-in-class processes and leveraging powerful information technology.
The “Supply the Sky" solution covers competencies across the full aircraft lifecycle.
- Supplier scheduling, integrated vendor community solutions
- Ordering and replenishment services
- Inventory management and stock level optimisation
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) concepts
- Order fulfilment
- End-to-end logistics
- Supplier clearing & performance management
In Flight Service Logistics
- Supply & demand planning
- Aircraft balancing management
Spare Parts Logistics
- Order and tracking & tracing
- Spare parts storage management
- Point-to-point repair logistics management
- Full consolidation of material needed to resolve the incident
- Logistics coordination and visibility of the project
- On-the-ground project management team for logistics support
- Dedicated team of trained engine logistics experts
- Global competence centres
- Storage, transport, lease management, stand management
AOG / Handcarry
AOG or “Aircraft On Ground” stands for a critical situation when the aircraft cannot be operated due to technical reasons. This situation may happen if some irreparable technical issue is discovered or due to the unavailability or long transit time of spare parts ordered for repair. The AOG condition is always costly for the airline since grounded aircraft means delays or flight cancellation, reroutings and disappointed passengers. Therefore, logistics response to AOG should be immediate. To start moving spare parts at the very first minute after AOG is declared, Kuehne + Nagel provides a 7/24/365 AOG care team available for our aviation customers through direct hotline and email.
Handcarry is the very top of our AOG service. Sometimes, the circumstances are so critical, that no conventional way of air cargo transportation is suitable to cope with our customer's requirements. For these situations Kuehne + Nagel offer’s handcarry options. The spare part is transported by a courier service as hand luggage on local, international or intercontinental flights. This five star service gives our customers the tranquillity to know that they always may rely on an effective, efficient, flexible and 24 hours response to their critical needs.